3800 Gear indicator light flashes, car sputters!!

I swapped my bottom end. Everything is good to finally. No codes, no problems. I'm getting a CASE learn this weekend because I put in a new CKP, and I threw that code. No problem. Car runs great...BUT

We adjusted my Neutral Safety Switch because we couldn't get the car in, or out of gear. I am shifting fine now, but there's a strange side-effect.

The new motor is outstanding, but she stalls and/or sputters ONLY when my gear indicator light on my dash flashes. For example:

I'm in drive, I'm sitting at a light, and I let off the brake to begin moving. The light under the D flashes, and the car sputters like it's not getting any fuel, or air, or spark, or it's just angry. It sputters for a second of two (i flutter the gas) and then the light goes constant,and I'm good to go. The gear light may go blank while I'm driving, but it doesn't seem to have any effect. It's only when I'm starting from a stop.

Any ideas?

Where does the indicator light attach? Is something telling the car to stop because it's not in gear? DO I have gremlins? What's the best way to catch the gremlins? Anyone have a cajun recipe to cook em once caught?

Thanks!

Blake

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Achillesinvention
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list