Another trans issue

SuperDaveGSE

Hole Enlarger
May 14, 2009
Antioch,Il
So i got a used trans that was rebuilt recently, it was from a 99 Intrigue so the trans is a 3.05 gear set. My GS is tuned for 3.29's, I emailed Dave at triple edge. He assured me that if I swap my HD diff onto the LS trans it would then make it a 3.29 final drive ratio. Fast forward I get the trans in and fill all the fluids. I then start the car and run it through the gears to make sure the fluid circulates. That when i notice the problem, reverse isn't there. i have to give it a lot of gas to get it going in reverse. Then in drive, say from a stop sign I'll get it going then let off, it'll feel like its still in 1st and nose dive then slam. Anyone, ideas? :dunno:

SuperDaveGSE

Hole Enlarger
May 14, 2009
Antioch,Il
Before I put in a new filter the fluid that was in it was very red/pink. I did swap over my range selector box on the trans, that was the first thing I adjusted when I noticed the problem. Each gear I put the trans into was correct on the dash. I ended up adding 8 qts into the trans total bringing it up to level.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Before I put in a new filter the fluid that was in it was very red/pink. I did swap over my range selector box on the trans, that was the first thing I adjusted when I noticed the problem. Each gear I put the trans into was correct on the dash. I ended up adding 8 qts into the trans total bringing it up to level.

Wait so its fixed after ading fluid? IIRC the total on these cars are 8-11 not counting the convertor

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
sounds like input clutch seals and possibly the reverse servo seals if they are both the old short lip design
reverse could also be the servo pin not engaging the band slot from a hasty rebuild.
the reverse can be fixed in car with the rear manifold removed if its the seals or pin/band.

the input clutch issue is something i think hk's car has from a worn drum sealing surface

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info