fuel pump

Boosted Ketchup

Formerly QwkBalt
Apr 28, 2011
i have a 1996 buick lesabre the car starts up and then shuts off right away the fuel pump isnt running my only question is would u replace the fuel relay or the pump first when i had no issues with the car what so ever it has 184000 miles on the car basicallly the only problem with it either a 20dollar part or a 100dollar part just trying to get any output on this if anyone with a 3.8 or anytype of car had this type of problem ..
i guess this is what i get for getting a winter beater for only 500 bucks lol even tho runs like a champ!!:pedobear:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
a bad pump wouldnt let it start at all though a weak pump or a crimped/kinked fuel line would do the same thing, repeatedly cycle the key on at least 3 or 4 times , then try and start it, if it starts a runs for a little longer then the feed line is kinked/restricted or the filter is clogged.

how much fuel in the tank? didja fill it recently?

Boosted Ketchup

Formerly QwkBalt
Apr 28, 2011
filled the tank up with shell gas it has little over half of tank left and also i tried to purge the gas rail to see if gas came out and none came out it started up 3 times before not being able to start again and theres no noise on the pump when trying to start it just keeps wanting to crank over and over

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info