GTP stalls a little after startup?

ajc549ff

Nov 8, 2012
Lake Zurich
Hey all.

So my 98 GTP was running perfectly fine the other morning while driving home. Two hours later I used the remote started the car and it sounded like it had a cam so I cut it and took a look under the hood just to make sure everything was as it should be. When I start the car it runs for about 15 sec to a minute then the engine starts to chug and sounds like it has a cam and wants to die then just stalls out.

The car did have a recent tune up last year! along with a new fuel filter. I unplugged every sensor (MAF,MAP,ICS,TPS) separately and started it up and each time it there was no difference.

So with everything plugged back in where it should be started it up and kept giving it throttle when it wanted to die and after about 20 seconds of giving it throttle the car got over like this hump and was 100% okay I drove it perfectly and everything.

Turned the car off and started it back up with it wanting to stall again after half a minute and kept throttle on it and worked just fine again...

Any ideas?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info