Electrical/dash light fun

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
To add to my already splendid morning after seeing my passenger side carpet completely soaked...

I'm at Meijer this morning to grab something real quick, maybe 10 minutes in the store. I come back out and the car won't start. Turned over on first crank and then died. Next round it wouldn't turn over. Third try it finally stumbled and started..turning on every light on my dash minus performance shift and the SES light.

It ran and drove fine the rest of the way to work(like 5 miles...and it made the first 20 miles no problem), but any throttle pressure would cause me to "boost" according to the gauge. After getting to work I then found my keyless fob didn't work, along with the door lock button in the car.

Did something get wet this morning? I put a battery in it on Monday, I've put about 100 miles on it since then and it's been running great. Did I mess up a fuse maybe? I was moving around the fuse box pretty well doing the battery so maybe I bumped one of the fuses and it blew? Idk. Maybe when I leave work the problem will be gone :rofl:

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
The old battery was almost 8 years old, and the car was having a hard time cranking when whenever the overnight temps were super low. I didn't check the ground under the tray, the tray's bolts were all stripped at the head :dunno: so I couldn't remove that or really see. The alternator was fairly recent IIRC, but I'll double check that too.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Euro's gunna take my car tomorrow so I'll have a chance to look at it in the morning. I know the positive side cinnector was a little corroded but was too bad. But the bolt had shity threads but tightened up. Also we threw a dual post battery in there since I get them cheap from work and I am going to look and see if it s touching the radiator support

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
so FUCK me right?

I get into my car today, and the cup holders have about 1/2 inch water in them... my sunroof was closed. as i drove, water came out of the dome lights. i popped them off, soaked with water, dropp the sunroof panel and button, the motor for sunroof would barely move...

also the radio and dash lights all seemed to flicker... New battery last week... headliner was DRY as fuck

WHAT GOT WET?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info