3800 Swapped Motor - Need Scan - SES light

Background:

- Killed my L67
- Swapped in L36 with L32 timing chain and gears
- Replaced Crank Position Sensor
- Adjusted the Neutral Safety Switch because we had to jack the motor and trans at strange angles to make the swap.
- Car starts and runs pretty damn well considering I've never done a swap before.
- I had the washers on my mounts from having Eibachs. I removed them, and had to jack the motor and trans up about 3" to do it.

Problems:

- SES light (most likely the Crank Position Sensor).
- Car sputters randomly & while sputtering, the gear indicator light on the dash flashes.
- DIC & HUD were all messed up, flashing zeros and scrolling from 0-199 constantly, but now the DIC is accurate and HUD reflects perfect speed until I give it more gas. It seems to be accurate if I'm cruising.

I live in Schaumburg / Hanover Park, and I work in Elk Grove Village near Elmhurst and Landmeier. I can drive to you to scan and do a Case Learn, but I think I should probably do this ASAP. There aren't any auto places around me, so I can't go get the SES code at lunch.

Shoot me an e-mail rather than PM. I can get the e-mails on my BB.
achillesinvention-at-yahoo

Thanks!

Blake

I'm pulling it into the garage at my office (warehouse area) and checking the ICM harness, and the area where the wire loom from the PCM comes out above the fans. We bent that loom back pretty far when removing the motor. Maybe some wiring got a little abused inside.

I'm hoping to find a bad wire. I have 30-g'jillion feet of wire here, so I'm prepared to replace things. I just want it to be good to go, so I can get the Case learn, and be done with it all.

FastKatt

3800 Tuner
Oct 21, 2007
Cleveland, TN
Real Name
Billy Wheeler
I'm working all weekend to make up for down time due to the cold...
I park in Rockford & ride with one of the other guys Sat & Mon for sure, I might drive Sun
Not sure after Mon yet, depends how much we get done (If we need a truck or not)

LOL, you called before I could finish typing this...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Achillesinvention
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list