what motor would you use

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
i know its a stupid thread but i want the thoughts of people that know these motors
i have an l26 that has held up good for close to 2k miles on 15+ lbs of boost

and here are the options
1. keep it and chance turning up the boost
2. pull the 159k mile l67 from my gtp (pending compresion test)swap everything over and put the l26 in the gtp
3. buy a lower mile l67 the least expencive one i could find local was $550 with 85k on it

keep in mind i dont mind pulling the motor but id like whatever option to last the whole season

annndddd go

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I agree with running the current set-up till it breaks. If you really want to go through all the work you could swap motors, but you still run the risk of your gtp motor taking a shit as well. If you get a replacement block down the road you might be able to pick up a l32. I have had pretty good luck so far with my l67, but I feel like the l32 would hold up better to more boost if I remember right.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I would buy the l67 with 85k and swap that in. U already blew up one l26 and pretty much know the limits. It wouldn't cost too much to swap it in, plus u would feel a bit safer turning up the boost on it. Sell your l26 that is in the car for some profit. Imo, that's what I would do.

im not really sure what the limits are the waste gate didnt open the day i blew up the l26 but my boost gauge also turned out to be broke so i dont know how much boost it took to do that, it just leaned out from the junk ass fuel pump not being enough to keep up

ProjectGTP

Addict
Jan 24, 2011
im not really sure what the limits are the waste gate didnt open the day i blew up the l26 but my boost gauge also turned out to be broke so i dont know how much boost it took to do that, it just leaned out from the junk ass fuel pump not being enough to keep up

Ohhh ok. I just remember u saying something about the car spiking to 25psi or something like that. And then boom.
My answer still stays the same though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info