half mile 3800 guys... who's going- any changes to your setup?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Who's registering/registered for the half mile event?

I registered for Saturday...

planning on running my car pretty much as it sits, with potentially a few upgrades... nothing too serious...

In order of what I want to get done... and why...

1. change over to a air to water i/c setup... why?? currently at the top of a 1/4 mile run, my iat's go from about 3-4 degrees above ambient to about 40 or so above... I will run a big ol ice box & heat exchanger with it t hopefully combat this... additionally having ait's below ambient at the starting line could be pretty awesome.

2. possibly change over to a l26 intake manifold instead of the l36... i sort of feel that the metal would just be better... albeit ive beat the piss out of the plastic one and it has been okay... knock on wood... and the ls1 guys seem to run the plastic shit okay also.

3. get some weight out of it to hopefully protect the trans as much as possble... nothing serious here, probably just parts of the stereo, rear seat, floor mats, junk, etc... this step doesnt matter so much seeing as how im 215 lbs and my car has an extra 65 lbs of sound deadening in it :rofl:

4. suspension shit... tighten everything up- new bushings etc etc... and get an alignment... the last thing i need at 100+ mph is my car getting a death shake :rofl:

what do you guys got?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
KJ finna do all that work for that... :dunno: I would just get a 4" core I/C and swap it out with your current one. meh, your car, your decision :smile:

The i/c deal would actually be really easy i think.

I have a l26 upper sitting around. Let me know if you want it. I would think the transmissions will be the biggest concern on those.

yeah... my trans is definitely a concern... i have an l26 upper as well iirc.. but ill let you know for sure.

as i said in the original posting for this... if my engine goes kabooom during this... it goes down a valiant warrior.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
ive decided not to take mine to the 1/2 mile and concentrate more on getting it ready for many 1/4 mile beatings this summer

if i were to do anything in prep for the 1/2 mile it would be figure out a way to have more than 3 useable gears, like a manual swap or switching out the diff to that other one james was talking about to drop the finial drive ratio down some more over the 2.93 so 3rd gear goes to a higher mph so you dont destroy 4th

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I am looking forward to seeing some of these 3800's run a 1/2 mile. Wanna line up one of the runs on sat KJ?

absolutely.

its really just a cam valve springs and a double roller on a junk yard motor with some e85 nothing special, your set up should be able to do the same with a cam swap and e85

id need my trans went through first.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i will be ziptieing 4x4 wood blocks to the pedals and swapping in a panda cause we all know HK cant drive

:bowrofl:

Pretty much going to run it as it sits. I can't swap the intercooler for warranty purposes but I might put a sprayer on it to keep it cool.

Other than that, I'm going to run as it sits.

3800 again?

No, 535. It's a twin turbo inline 6.

see below.

thread title:
:jg:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info