Sway bar

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Is this the reason why when I make right turns I hear a popping noise?
20121226_125844.jpg

Also found this..

20121226_130021.jpg

Is this stuff fairly easy to replace or should I just take it somewhere that they have air tools?

Also, anything else that should be replaced while down there?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
ive seen tie rod end boots ripped but they still were pretty tight, easy to change but req alignment unless your really good at eyeballing the new/vs old length differences

the sway bar broken end could be the popping noise but its likely its the missing bushings on the end link...though thats probably what saved it from snapping the bar apart

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
My car had a cashed tie rod end that made nasty noises when turning. I replaced both with moog tie rod ends from advanced for $34 each with the promo code that's good til the 29th and now it's quiet and smooth. Jack the car up, take the wheels off and move the knuckle side to side. Mine looked fine but had a scary amount of play to it.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
you can if you want.. but if they aren't broken, i wouldn't bother. the tie-rod ends spin on and off pretty easy. just mark where the old one was for alignment purposes. get greasable ones and a cheap grease gun and add a little grease every second oil change, they'll last a lot longer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info