05 GTP- exhaust leak into cab

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
HVAC intake is in the cowl, so underhood leaks can get into the system that way. Even on Recurculate, the GM cars take in some outside air. The flex section at the flange between the rear mani and the cat is a common failure. If you do not want to replace it, you can fill it with copper RTV and let it cure for a few days before driving it(if it is an option for you)

Part all the way to the left on the bottom DP in the picure below:

images

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
I take it that shiny to piece is a cat delete? I have emissions here, could I install that delete and install O2 simulators?

Yes, there are several DP's on the market, make sure you get a 04+ version. If you want to test, while the engine is running, move it back and forth and see if you can get the leak sound. You might have to unbolt one or both of the "dog-bone" front engine mounts (two 15mm wrenches IIRC) Many times it breaks in a place that really only leaks when the car is in either reverse or a forward gear. (Motor movement)

I'd suggest wbodystore.com if you go the DP route to support a TCG sponsor and member :bigthumb:

And you can do a 02 sim or a tuned PCM with the code deleted. Many members here have DHP and can remove the code for a smallish fee.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
oh ok. I'll toss it on the lift at work and see if I can see the leak. I also have a boost leak kit at work, I'll see if I cant hook it up. thanks!

Probably be easier to see from the top, nothing over it, but under it you have the steering rack and a frame member. You can't really look straight up at it. Once you get in there I'm sure you'll figure it out though. There might be a factory heat shield on it, I'm unsure with the 04+ ones.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
One closest to beltdrive in front

yup thats the one

honestly if it is broke off its not hard to drill it out but often times it works to just take the manifold off and copper rtv that end/between the MLS exhaust gasket layers then reinstall it with the left side snug and let it sit overnight then give em a little tweak and finish it up

you can leave the crosover in place and just remove the heat shields, you dont need to put em back on either

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info