Why does my car smell like gas?

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
My car has always had a slight gas smell to it that was really un-noticeable until I parked it at my new house and the garage is pretty air tight. My old garage had some air movement so I guess I never noticed the smell. Now my garage stinks like gas... bad. I have not puddles of gas or really and visible leaks. I have my Evap hacked off so I was wondering it that can smell that badly or if I should look into another issue. What are some other common point that I should check out?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yes if the evap solenoid line is open where it does/used to connect to the evap purge solenoid it will vent fuel vapor into the garage.

when you park it and shut it off the fuel in the rails can boil and help push out fuel vapor

if your worried about it leave the purge solenoid in there but dont hook the outlet line to the engine

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
I just cut the plastic Evap line off the metal line back by the brake booster. Then you put a Vacuum cap (like the ones from a Vato Zone Help section) on the metal line.

Like one of these:
large26-105.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info