Invalid vin/os pair. Unable to license vehicle--- hptuners error message

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So I finally gained an ounce of motivation and am about to get the monte running.

I just turned it over and it starts and runs for about 3 seconds so we are pretty much good there...

problem is right now the car now has L67 injectors/maf/map and an l26 bottom end in it so the factory l36 tune isn't going to work out and if I were a betting man is what is making the car die out after running for a few seconds.

I uploaded the file that the car has on it, but I get an error from HPTuners I haven't seen before- it says:

Invalid Vin/os pair. Unable to license vehicle.
Please e-mail this hpt file and a vcm suite info log to
[email protected]

I have googled the problem and it appears as if though this means the car was flashed with something else before... basically now I just need to figure out how to fix this/get around this so I can upload a tune to it and be on my way.

any ideas of how to do this?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
it will learn to adjust and run eventually just keep starting it and make sure to NOT turn the key off after it stalls each time....this tells the pcm it needs to adjust to keep it running....it may take 10-20 starts but it will learn.

if you shut the key off after it stalls the pcm will not adjust it will just stay in the tables programmed
i got the waGN to run with l67 inj and a bone stock l36 bin with 4 starts

i think BrianG was seeing that same issue when he had a newer "updated" osid bin i uploaded to his pcm with the vin from his OBD1 gp

fixed it by flashing it with an older OSID supported bin and forcing uppercase VIN through DHP

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
your retarded if ya do that....just need to meetup with someone with a DHP, offboard, andthe correct bin
or just flash it...why are you trying to use HPT if you have dhp?

:rofl: typed it wrong. i only have hpt not dhp.

and retarded :rofl: thats harsh. my neighbor works at a gm dealer and he did this to my gtp iirc when I started tuning it- if i remember right it had the same error.

but if i can do it that way that you said- that would be excellent- just who & when & where.

ive had good luck using the 98/99 regal GS bins with oddball topswapped cars

okay cool.

i was basically going to leave the trans tables alone and copy over a basic gtp engine file and call it a day and see how it worked.

as for the idea of starting it a bunch trying to get it to learn- didn't go so hot- it runs less now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info