GXP rotors with C5 calipers?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
they are all parts bin shit

you honestly think they change much dimensionally?

fuck man id be using previous component cad drawings for tons of crap since it'll save $0.009 per car

so we can take GA brakes and put em on the W body, 3 different W body brakes, caddy "13" inch brakes fit, Fbody brakes fit, C5/c6 shit fits.
they all use the same hub bearing for the FWD's same hubs on the rwd variants, slight different patterns but all rotors have oversized holes since they all have the same register bore dia.

this lets them make test mules quite easily for many components

you could put grandam brakes on a corvette

what makes you think youll have a problem :rofl:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Corvette caliper brackets will not bolt the the spindle without an adaptor

Look up kore 3 iirc brake parts they make all kinds of adaptors for fbody guys to run c5/6 brake stuff

but the caddy brake bracket does and iirc the caliper will bolt to it

i forgot the rigid calipers use the bolts perpendicularly

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
i have C5 calipers with f-body brackets. C5 brackets will work too allowing for a bigger rotor. the corvette has a different bolt pattern so that wont work. the rotor size for the c5 is 12.8", the gxp rotor is 12.7". so with a c5 caliper, and bracket, could a gxp rotor work?

IIRC you need GXP brackets to run taller rotors and C5 calipers. No guarantee that C5 calipers will fit the GXP bracket in the front as i dont think anyone has tried them but a search on CGP will clear that up.

I am running LS1 rotors and brackets with C5 calipers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info