Tune needed! Have the hardware

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Here come the trolls!!!!!

On a side note I don't really know what the going rate is.

No one is trolling you, you asked a vague question.

I'd say to expect $350 - $550 for a street tune, and $450 - $650 for a dyno tune (Just include the cost for a dyno). I believe ZZP charges $650+ for a dyno tune that will cause your car to run great on their Dyno then blow up 2 miles down the road.

Also, a good 3800 tune will require at least 2 - 3 hours of drive/scanning time and 1 - 2 hours of tuning/writing/tweaking. So you are paying someone to come out and spend most of their day working on your junk.

I always suggest learning how to tune your self so you can adjust the tune over time.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover

I'd say to expect $350 - $550 for a street tune, and $450 - $650 for a dyno tune (Just include the cost for a dyno). I believe ZZP charges $650+ for a dyno tune that will cause your car to run great on their Dyno then blow up 2 miles down the road.

Also, a good 3800 tune will require at least 2 - 3 hours of drive/scanning time and 1 - 2 hours of tuning/writing/tweaking. So you are paying someone to come out and spend most of their day working on your junk.

I always suggest learning how to tune your self so you can adjust the tune over time.

I typically spend at LEAST 8 hours to do a full street tune including spark, fuel with wideband, trans (shift, TCC), idle, throttle tip-in. WOT tuning would require a dyno or track with a turbo car.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city

I think I still have the bill from zzp it was 250 for strap down 5 pulls and a tune they did knock off quite a few pulls off the bill for me tho because my wastegate wasn't working right and it took a few pulls to figure that out, those bastards saving me money and making my car run right

I suppose I should add that it wasn't tuned in 5 pulls but that's what I was billed, the car was strapped down for 13hours that day and I ended up leaveing it because they weren't done yet

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Im like 400 miles away from them, I have my ECU that I got tuned by them, my GT 1.0, I tried accessing that but for some reason it wont let me.

I'm further south than you, I rented a trailer and towed it up there because even tho everybody shit talks zzp Matt's car is almost 900whp so I trust him to tune my care more than anybody else I suppose, and they are actually really nice guys but at the same time you have to remember its a buisness they don't give shit away for free, you spent the money to turbo the car now spend the money to make the power it should, don't skimp on shit or you will regret it, the two little parts I used from other stuff I had laying around cost me a motor this summer a used boost gauge and an old used manual boost controller

Tommygm3

Starin' At The World Through My Rearview
Aug 7, 2011
Brandon at fast might do it if you brought the software. no gaurantees he'd say yes but he's tuned all our ls based vehicles, nitrous, and n/a and he tuned The Pimp which is a turbo car with it's own software and a few other pretty hard hitters. he knows his way around a tune and he's the best, period.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Brandon at fast might do it if you brought the software. no gaurantees he'd say yes but he's tuned all our ls based vehicles, nitrous, and n/a and he tuned The Pimp which is a turbo car with it's own software and a few other pretty hard hitters. he knows his way around a tune and he's the best, period.

will definitely not tune anything that has any sort of gm 3800 in it.. the end.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info