So I got in over my head

So I thought since I am a network admin i could tune my own car i bought hp tuners.... ya I can't do it been sitting here trying to figure it out and surfing the net looking for help can't find it

So here is my mods

Cold air intake
egr delete
headers
u bend delete
flowmasters cat back
3.4 pully
all vacuum lines replaced

Ya i have no clue what i am doing and it's running like crap already fouled 3 of the 6 plugs

help!!!!!

Attachments

• pull2gtp.hpl
    8.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 97gtp tune.hpt
    332.5 KB · Views: 38
Yes i made a backup of the original config before i started making changes.... after fouling 4 plugs... i changed the plugs and put the original tune back on and drove it home idled fine never got a chance to get in it in traffic plus it was wet first rain... then today i went the same route i go to work and it wouldn't go up the hill with out getting into boost and that wasn't even working.. I tried to get it tuned by the tuners around here and they couldn't figure it out and will not use h[tuners plus they wanted to charge 150 an hr and i am not done with my mods i have an engine waiting to be built... but this is my dd and it has to go through deq next month

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Did you drive the car after those mods before you tuned it? If it was fine on a ZZP can tune after the mods, you messed with it, put it back to the can tune, and now it's not... It leads me to believe you either didn't actually flash it back to the can tune, or it's a mechanical issue. What kind of headers?

the mods had already been done and the zzp tune have been in over a year now... Speed daddy headers....... This all started when in the summer i was doing a tune up changed plugs and air filter and ripped the rubber air duct to the throttle body. i replaced it with a k&N cone and cold pipe.... I have a wbo2 and after that it was running 15-16.5. buddie told me i needed to get that tuned right so i ordered hptuners figured i was going to need it anyways for the mods i was doing on the other engine and now i am here.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I will look at that .hpt tune file when I am on my other computer.

I know a car isnt going to run perfect on a canned tune, but the car should run ok on a stock file or zzp pcm. (it will just throw codes)

I would pull the plugs see if any are damaged or maybe a plug wire is damaged when you changed them last. Id recommend NGK TR55's @ .055 and OEM GM spark plug wires with your mods.

this is what happen on the way to work

Attachments

• plugs.jpg
    plugs.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 142

01abboud

Not quite as new here...
Aug 19, 2011
Alexandria, VA
I'm comparing your file to a stock 97 GTP file... which you can find in the tune repository on the HPT website. Your PE file shows that you're commanding 11.0 AFR... and your PE mode goes into effect at 0% throttle. Your car is absolutely DROWNING in fuel. Put those values to something less insane, and your car will run less shitty.

01abboud

Not quite as new here...
Aug 19, 2011
Alexandria, VA
P.S. I DEFINITELY don't consider myself a tuner... but I'm 98% sure that's your problem. That's enough to piss off any car, and it explains your fouled plugs. I've attached the stock file I used for comparison. You probably can't just upload it, but you can use the "compare" feature to start doing some cleanup.

Attachments

• 10959787.hpt
    332.9 KB · Views: 32
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info