hids and drl??

jreed

Apr 30, 2010
chi town
So i have a 00 gs. In short installed a hid kit from ddm first kit worked fine, moved it to my fogs. installed another kit for my lows and on first start up drivers light will not come on, turn the lights off then back on and it comes on. did a search on Google and found a lot of sites saying to disable the drl and the auto feature. Could this be the cause or something else. had to reverse polarity for the kit to work.

i switched bulbs and balllast and same results on same side.

installed say kit on my buddies 2011 lacrosse and same results on the same side.

Not sure if its the same on your GS but on the GP's on the side of the dash pad when you open the door there is a service panel that pops off and there is a silver and black box about the size of a cell phone with heat sink fins coming off of it that is for the drl's, i disconnected mine and the drl's no longer work but the auto lights still come on when its dark out.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I would suggest you try the harness re-wire before you mess with any bcm wireing. When i first put my hid in my monte they wouldnt turn on. Had a friend re wire the set up and put the head lights on a switch...been working flawless for over 5 years. Hid's are from w body store... Get those. I havent even needed to change a bulb the entire time i have owned them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info