vavle cover and uim gasket replacement

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
the only thing i can think of is maybe he was also going to do the lower gasket as well...

i did not get all the details from my dad as we were on the phone. he is on vacation in TN and left the car for my mom to drive. she called me to look at it. i had to replace his upper coolant hose last nite. had a crack in it ans was spraying coolant on the crossover and smoking like a sob.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
the later H bodies with the large triangular alum pass side engine mount dont even have to undo the mount bolts, you can drop the pan with the motor in the car

less than 2 hours of labor iirc

problem is the rear block cover/gasket has been a 50/50 shot lately on the motors ive been regasketing whether with the earlier paper gasket or the later 05/05.5+ aluminum rear gasket

so its almost worth it to yank the whole bugger and replace everything

i know some of you have seen the pics ive been taking of those rear gaskets, you know i aint wearing foil when i talk about that shit :mamoru:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Large triangular passenger side bracket? I thought that was H body up until 00. You talking about the one that makes changing belts a PITA?

the large alum bracket is the low mount one 00/01+ where the earlier mount is the iron ball mount that makes changing the belts a PITA unless you do a couple little mods to the bracket
cut the lower hole into a slot and grind a 45* angle on one edge of each end of the spacer sleeve so it looks almost like a parallelogram e.g.

to change the belts after this all you do is loosen the lower nut, unthread the stud from the block and drop it down and you can change both belts easy when you ensert it you just spin the sleeve so the flat untouched end sits against the unslotted portion of the lower bracket hole.

ive done it to countless G/B/H/C bodies whenever i have to change the water pump/etc and i have the bracket out.

did it with cody's (turtleman) riv and he loves how easy it is to change now

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info