Trans slip and hard shift

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
trans is slipping so youve seen a gear ratio error code? people dont drop pans and filters enough nowadays so id bet its time.
that said a partially clogged cat and maf issues can cause both those issues so if the trans doesnt have 120+ but the cat is over 80k id start looking there first.

you can scan for current gear ratio and see if its starting to fall outside of normal, 730 gear ratio error wont trip till its .02 out of range but you can see if its starting to get there.
if the cats clogged pull the narrowband and unplug it, test drive it if the "pep" is back the cats probably clogged, esp at 80+k or if it rattles.
dirty maf will throw off load calcs and cause odd shift firmness/early/late etc

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
trans is slipping so youve seen a gear ratio error code? people dont drop pans and filters enough nowadays so id bet its time.
that said a partially clogged cat and maf issues can cause both those issues so if the trans doesnt have 120+ but the cat is over 80k id start looking there first.

you can scan for current gear ratio and see if its starting to fall outside of normal, 730 gear ratio error wont trip till its .02 out of range but you can see if its starting to get there.
if the cats clogged pull the narrowband and unplug it, test drive it if the "pep" is back the cats probably clogged, esp at 80+k or if it rattles.
dirty maf will throw off load calcs and cause odd shift firmness/early/late etc

If only I asked you before putting the trans in my truck... I found out I had a clogged cat after spending $2k on a built trans. fml

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Any codes? Same issue. I had my pressure control solenoid changed but still the same issue. 1-2 it revs up a bit than ban it shifts. After warm it usually goes away. Today I just drove 120 miles and it was perfect. I dropped pan and changed filter, magnet was covered in usual grey metallic. I think my trans is about due.. 136k.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info