how light can you make a gp

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
My SHO was probably around 3300 pounds originally and its probably at 3100 right now. It has no interior, all of the sound deadening has been removed, nothing under the dash and no a/c components. No rear door panels, and the doors have been gutted, trunk lid gutted.

01abboud

Not quite as new here...
Aug 19, 2011
Alexandria, VA
I weighed my 01 Regal at the track... only weight reduction was the removal of the spare tire... without me in it, 3450 pounds.

A member on the Regal forum gutted the crap out of one, got it down to 2700 pounds... but I don't think you want to go that nuts! He did, however, break 11s with weight reduction and spray. :-D

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Brett if you were going to make a fun rave car you could lose alot in just replacing the glass alone. But it gets expensive with going acrylic and what not.

My plan was to run the rear doors and rear wnd shild in acrylic and remoce the door mechanisms and just put aluminum sheet over the door for panels. And go old school and use straps and buttons for the front windows like in the 60s. I'm sure that right there is 200-300 pounds

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
3k with the interior still in it? no way jose

to get down to 3k you will pretty much have to remove everything but the drivers seat

less than 3k and you start shaving/drilling metal from recent threads ive seen

it basically comes down to the creature comforts you want to remove and how much all t he little things add up to

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Mine is a plane Jane gt so no sun roof, already has no a/c, no exhaust, no spair, I'm thinking about pulling the speakers and radio since you can't hear them anyway whe your driving, no front bumper support, no abs, what else can you take out lol I'm going to do the rear bumper support

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Gut the rear doors of the regulators and just make the glass stationary. cut some of the rear deck metal out thats just there for te speaker supports. spare tire well could be cut out. replace priver seat with a lighter one. air bags. hvac units.

01abboud

Not quite as new here...
Aug 19, 2011
Alexandria, VA
I want my car to be more balanced so I am focused on the front end more than just overall weight loss.

That regal looked unsafe...

Haha, yeah... I saw it in person. That thing didn't do anything but go fast in a straight line. And then go back on the trailer. No way you'd get me to actually GO anywhere in that thing! He removed EVERYTHING.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Mine is a plane Jane gt so no sun roof, already has no a/c, no exhaust, no spair, I'm thinking about pulling the speakers and radio since you can't hear them anyway whe your driving, no front bumper support, no abs, what else can you take out lol I'm going to do the rear bumper support

IIRC My GT was only 3300 when I took it to the track, GT's are lighter than GTP's (Cloth manual seats, plastic UIM vs SC, and dozens of other small things)

it is around 3450 w/o me in it nowadays.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info