🔧 BUILD remember the twin engine olds?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well Al finally came around and decided the 442 has sat neglected long enough after we pillaged its original 99 bonnie L67 for his 04 GP daily driver after the 105's lunched an oem chain a couple years back or so.
ive been collecting parts for years, as has Al...though he wanted those parts on the 04 he has decided i was right and the 442 should be the toy
its been slow n steady...but its new front powerplant is going together nicely :pedobear:

...a bit of an experiment with the FrankenTchain...but nicely modded...

06 ish L26 yanked from HK's 04 regal, custom massive crank endplay mod
rusty S1X from John's (darkshadow) regal that tried to impersonate a boat
JP performance gears custom mangled by smug and touched up with a grinder/file by me
IWIS chain from Al's rollmaster set, incidentally found the IWIS chain zzp sells is a std Buick v8/v6 chain available from cloyes for way cheaper than zzp
JB Weld balance shaft delete in rear cover
ported original front cover/pump housing after i chipped out all the metal flakes from the pump.
ported oil neck with filter bypass delete
qwik ported heads from 04's old L26/32 with the valves replaced with some L26 valves and the 105's modded retainers reinstalled.
smoothed and ported LIM
SSIC from way back when the Whippled Riv wasn't whippled
polished n ported gen3 from the 442's 99bonnie l67 that was swapped in years ago, its getting the MPS hub from Ricky's old GP that tried to impersonate a torch.
N* TB adapter and TB

took an IWIS chain and installed it on the JP performance gears i had sitting around, fits great, i guess we shall see how it holds up. after all my years of working with em i couldn't find any reason dimensionally that the JP gears would not work with the Rollmaster chain.
IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

on the floor behind it you can see one of the two L32's i need to pick from for its new rear engine
:jg:
IMG_0285.jpg

Reactions: TurboTPI

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
You should use my old Pacesetter headers to!

yours and/or TG's
i originally wanted yours for the rear engine (pacesetters can clear the 4t80e) but Al now wants OEM manifolds on an NA L26 in his 04 GP so we may take the fully welded/flex deleted/Vbanded pacesetters off it and see if TG will do a trade plus a couple bucks for em and ill hack his set apart to make em clear the 1st gen firewall/steering rack
i really dont wanna hack up the baller job i did on the one's in the 04 :rofl:
:fy: James. Glad to hear its getting worked on again.
im glad he finally came around to my side

Show me some of them oil mods, Im upgrading to an l32 this winter that I plan to not blow up for a while I have plenty of time to mess with little stuff like that

you must prove your worthiness first :jg:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL

that and "what the hell" were usually the first words outta people when they saw it back in the day

I can't believe you are using that thing....

i figured why not...its in a car with two drivetrains...if yo junk blows that shit up we can still drive it with the rear...all the way to your house to kick ya in the nuts :jg:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Someone posts a bad ass , neat and different project and all you can say is some bullshit about a piece of pipe? O ok

You elicit a lot of emotion from me considering I don't know you and have never met you. I range between feeling sorry for you for being picked on, to feeling empathy for you, to thinking you're the insecure bully who talks tough because he's made fun of, to thinking that you're wildly manic to thinking that you're just absolutely clueless when it comes to dealing with other people, at least in terms of composing yourself through a keyboard.

I've concluded that you're just wildly clueless. Please, don't ever be surprised that people pile on you.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
You elicit a lot of emotion from me considering I don't know you and have never met you. I range between feeling sorry for you for being picked on, to feeling empathy for you, to thinking you're the insecure bully who talks tough because he's made fun of, to thinking that you're wildly manic to thinking that you're just absolutely clueless when it comes to dealing with other people, at least in terms of composing yourself through a keyboard.

I've concluded that you're just wildly clueless. Please, don't ever be surprised that people pile on you.

QFT!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info