E85

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
... how about running e85 in a stock gtp?

No mods needed other than an adjustment of the ITR table to account for the E85. Or change the commanded AFR to E85. My car had an intake/DP as the only mods, E85 on stock injectors. They were maxed at 23-ish IPW's but it worked. 21* of timing all day, no KR at all. It moved out pretty well. Any more mods it would require bigger injectors.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Mod are

1.8 Rockers,85 Springs,Comp Cams Push Rods,Roller lifters,42.5 Injectors,Moded fule rail, Stage 2 full size ic, Headers with coating, Full exhaust, SpeedBuilt CAI,Tuned PCM by Ron, EGR Bypass, ZZP Stage 4 SuperCharger, MPS few others I just cant think of right now..

You will need bigger injectors, and should get yourself a GOOD fuel pump rewire. (Caspers or Racetronix) You should pick up some decent power from it.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
... how about running e85 in a stock gtp?

I just don't see the point of running E85 in a stock or near stock vehicle even if it comes from the factory with forced induction. Too much of a hassle to find stations that have it while daily driving for the benefit you get. Now for a more seriously modded FI car that really needs the anti-knock benefit of E85 then I think the net gains outweigh the negatives enough to justify the switch.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I just don't see the point of running E85 in a stock or near stock vehicle even if it comes from the factory with forced induction. Too much of a hassle to find stations that have it while daily driving for the benefit you get. Now for a more seriously modded FI car that really needs the anti-knock benefit of E85 then I think the net gains outweigh the negatives enough to justify the switch.

The way they price it around here I figured out the gas mileage for my dads yukon and its cheaper to use regular, same with my friends 1500hd possibly with a car it may be different but mine only gets 15ish mpg with e85 My suv gets 20+ mpg with 87

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
The way they price it around here I figured out the gas mileage for my dads yukon and its cheaper to use regular, same with my friends 1500hd possibly with a car it may be different but mine only gets 15ish mpg with e85 My suv gets 20+ mpg with 87

Cheaper to use regular, but when you look that E85 is usually 10% - 15% cheaper than 87 pump. We all run 93 pump which is 10% - 15% more expensive than 87 pump.

simply put, 93 costs 20% - 30% more than e85, since you burn 30% more e85 than you would 93, the cost is the same to SLIGHTLY more expensive to run E85.

I did the math over a month period, and I spent something like $8 more to run e85 than 93 would have cost me.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
People claim that E85 will have different ethanol concentrations for different location and times of year. I have used it for several years and have driven anywhere from Ohio to STL to my current location and have never had any issue. I have a wideband and can't say that I have really seen any measurable difference. My WOT AFR was pretty much always dead on the same no matter what time of year too. At least it wasn't a big enough difference to make things "dangerous" for driving WOT or even really notice a change

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
There is a kit out that I want to put on my car which I need to find the link. It uses a gm flex fuel sensor in the kit. But his reads real time e85 percentages.

I only use it in my cobra so the availability and price are what I am looking for. 100 is way to expensive and is harder to find than e85. So I went that route.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info