P0300, P0171 issues. Lots of info logged+pics

Hey guys last week I started having some issues after replacing the spark plugs, wires and sending unit.
The p0171 code was always there, the p0300 was new.
The car is cammed, headers, exhaust and hv insert.
It is missing really bad, at idle its very hard to tell, when you start driving it misses and hesitates really bad, at high rpms it gets somewhat steady but still has a slight miss and it boggs.
Cylinder test read 150 in cylinders 1-3-5-2. on 4 105 and 125 on 6.
As stated before brand new plugs (104's coppers gapped at 60) ZZP wires.
YES all cylinders are getting great spark.
Pulled the valve cover to look for rocker/rod damage.... nothing abnormal that I can tell. Here are pcis of the head.

IMG_20120717_074200.jpg

IMG_20120717_074152.jpg

this is first start up after reconnecting the ICM, coils wires and rocker install. There is a sensor right on the throttlebody at beginning of vid, with the orange connector... it was slightly separate from its hole it was idling okay, i went ahead and screwed it all the way in(its also glued down for some reason) then the car started idling very low around 400 500 RPM took it around the block and as i went to a stop it died on me, happened multiple times....

Thank you in advance.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
How did you check for spark? I wouldnt run the 104s on a NA motor if it was me but that should cause a misfire.

I would double check your firing order and make sure you have the wires to the correct cylinder. And then I would take an old wire and put it from the coil to each cylinder checking to see of theres a bad zzp wire

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
if the problems started right after you did the tune up, its almost certainly a crossed/bad wire, or you cracked a plug installing. get some 605's or some oem delco plugs, and return the wire set for a new one and see what happens....

i wouldnt waste your time with all the other stuff until you get the misfire lined out.

the p0171 usually sets for a vacum leak, i've seen a lot of the l36 map sensors break in half, cause a small vacum leak and not set a map code. check the brake booster line as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info