FMHE Relocation!

01abboud

Not quite as new here...
Aug 19, 2011
Alexandria, VA
I finally got around to raising the FMHE a bit yesterday... I went up to a friend's place in WI and we went to town.

Before....
15867277_large.jpg

15867254_large.jpg

After! Front mount? What front mount?

15867249_large.jpg

15867256_large.jpg

01abboud

Not quite as new here...
Aug 19, 2011
Alexandria, VA
Is that the ZZP pan? DO I see two plugs in it? one on the side and one of the bottom??

It's actually an MSP trans pan.. I got it from a guy on the Regal forum... it hadn't even been installed. It's basically a stock pan with some tubes welded onto it... and yes, it has two plugs. One to use as a drain, one for a temp sensor. Good eye! If it was aluminum like the zzp pan, I wouldn't have bothered with the paint!

01abboud

Not quite as new here...
Aug 19, 2011
Alexandria, VA
Does the FMHE get enough air flow that way? (Look much better for sure.)

Mine looks pretty much like the before picture. I plan to paint the end tanks flat black to help it blend in some.

It seems to get enough air... It's only been like that for a few days... no KR so far! I was just always so nervous that it would catch on a parking barrier, or scrape pulling in or out of a driveway. I was also able to put some of the little plastic underside parts back on, so that's kinda nice too. Gets them out of my trunk and back on the car!

The biggest thing that we had to do was cut the bottom horizontal piece on the bumper support to make room... after that, it was just a matter of drilling holes in the next level up to put the mounting bolts through! We were able to keep the front of the support on, so it was really only three cuts... two really short, and one long one! I'm really happy with how it turned out.

If nothing else, painting yours black will definitely help hide it. That makes a big difference! There's a kid up in Milwaukee that has his mounted low, but it's black and you don't really even notice it. It's certainly an option!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info