canthus90
I know this happens on gen3 but i thought they fixed this
do I have to get these recoated now

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
clearance at the edges between the case and the rotors will be relativlely unchanged as they are worn to half thickness most of the time, the major difference is gonna be alot more clearance between rotor to rotor so more air is gonna be able to leak back that coating is pretty thick on the gen5's vs the gen3's i wouldnt be suprized if you now have nearly an extra mm of clearance

i never clean the rotors, i blow em clean and rotate a paper towel between the rotor ends when its out of the case to prevent them from knocking.

i only ever clean the case and thats usually a wipedown with brake cleaner and a clean paper towel

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
im not sayin i wouldnt use em....but i would toss those in gtpmike's old miff'd up case and snout from when the rotorpack caught a heavy dose of aluminum piston chunks.

but thats just cause id love to have a set of okayish rotors to stuff in it.

run em and spray that bitch with a 200shot....the fuel should help seal or at least restrict the gaps that the air is trying to get through to the low pressure side

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info