Anyone able to rent out dhp powertuner?

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I am looking to get my car tuned and dialed in. The guy that is helping me with my tune prefers dhp and I only have hpt. I am wondering if anyone would be willing to rent out their dhp for a week or two. Let me know if there are any takers. I will pay for shipping charges and willing to negotiate a rental fee. Thanks in advance.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I was kinda confused on why pt was being prefered here. Now that James describes it that makes sense. I have never had any one that tuned my vehicle in the past want pt. they all wanted hpt. Prixxxx I will hit you up here. I might as well sell my hpt if I end up going this route though. I won't be able to modify my tune any more and might as well just use my scan gauges to scan. Not very excited about it since I dropped some serious money on my current scan tool year ago.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
hpt is great for just tuning the maf/etc but they just dont support our vehicles like the much more open dhp.

ive been begging brianG to brush up on his hex and see if that fucker is as good as he thinks he is...maybe its about time the 3800 crowd gets its very own modified OS :fy:

Brian said that HPT is local and looking for a programmer....

Larz01

Minnesota Mojo
Dec 15, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
hpt is great for just tuning the maf/etc but they just dont support our vehicles like the much more open dhp.

ive been begging brianG to brush up on his hex and see if that fucker is as good as he thinks he is...maybe its about time the 3800 crowd gets its very own modified OS :fy:

htp gear ratio changes are also handy, unlike scaling each subfolder. Hands down dhp>hpt, eventhough I have never used hpt to tune; have monkeyed around with the demo software using it to receive correct setting to import into dhp...gear ratios, smoothing tables, etc...

htp programmers didn't/don't like our pcms, since its a single segment. Nor, is it a $$ making platform.

With TT available, both tuners have equal support of binaries; (except for wrong map locations for a couple tables).

Larz01

Minnesota Mojo
Dec 15, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
TT is mutally inclusive. You can add in correct mapping locations, add mapping, add osid's that share a given template in the database, etc. Same is true with dhp. Hpt you won't be able to add into their database. But, you can do all the same editing via TT. You need a bin file to use. Easiest is reading
the pcm out from your vehicle (via dhp), or if your crafty
download a bin with matching osid as yours and hex all the goods; so additional credits aren't used (granted you liscensed
your pcm already). Edit tables with tt and flash with hpt,
makes sure you are continuously using the bin for editting/flashing, don't save it as an htp.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info