So..is this the famous strut tower rot

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
6c4b8fed-397e-f579.jpg

^left

6c4b8fed-398f-d3da.jpg

^right

How long do I have until its dangerous? No jokes or picking on me please.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
I would get rid of it while you still can or just stop putting money into her and run it to the ground.
I have heard a squeaking noise recently so when I went to my buddy's shop today to find the A/C leak, I looked at the back and that's when I saw this. When it was on the ground, I had someone lean on the car and that's the area it's coming from.. what would be squeaking? BRAND NEW within the past six months struts/mounts/etc all 'round. The metal???

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Not really.

You're telling me on this whole wonderful automotive related site, you can't find one person to weld it up for him?
He's a body man who's had a handful of these cars (chassis-mates)

rust is like cancer. either cut it entierly out, or put it to death.

in this case, i suggest you move on.. its not like were dealing with a collectable or rare automobile here.
I'm aware.. just kind of bummed.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
the metal moving is possibly what your hearing....you could have a joint weld in a flat gusst plate to tie the bucket to the outter wheelhouse again but then youll want to seal it up good then after it cures oil the fuck outta the backside to preserve what you cant get to for longer....

0deba53975f2193bb73d6c88e846512379328ec1_full.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info