reduced engine power on the display

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
on my 04' it was just once in a while id get the reduced engine power deal flash on the display when i was part throttle now its every time i try to floor it, i have to disconect the throttle body and it resets and i can start it up agian, what do you think there is no code that comes up, im thinking its the throttel body its self or the wires going to it but i also just found someone with an impala that had the sensor on the pedal go out and cause the same thing, fuck im tired of shit breaking on this car and i havent even beat on it yet

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
mine did this when i got a vac leak. i just turn car off turn it back on and it went away. under full boost my vac line boots, or rubber connectors start to come apart. mostly the one that connects to the sensor on the back side of the motor. i just replaced the rubber part. it has been fine now. took me a little while to find the leak due to it only happening under full boost.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
had the same thing on al's 04 with the topswap....after we swapped fromn the oem maf to an LQ4 maf...had to change the maf rationality test limits in the bin file and never saw it again

matt from stattama said he was going to check to make sure he had the airflow correlation table maxed that could cause it, is that the same deal your talking about? its just weird that it started out not so bad and got worse and worse i would think if it were in the pcm that it would just stay the same

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
matt from stattama said he was going to check to make sure he had the airflow correlation table maxed that could cause it, is that the same deal your talking about? its just weird that it started out not so bad and got worse and worse i would think if it were in the pcm that it would just stay the same
it can take over 100miles before the pcm will fully relearn all adaptives after a hard reset and dyno time sure aint gonna let it learn trims

iirc the maf rationality/failure tests also factor in fuel trims so its looking at the 02/map/throttle blade angle and maf when running the self tests.

its one of the main reasons the newer pcm's are equipped with faster processors

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
it can take over 100miles before the pcm will fully relearn all adaptives after a hard reset and dyno time sure aint gonna let it learn trims

iirc the maf rationality/failure tests also factor in fuel trims so its looking at the 02/map/throttle blade angle and maf when running the self tests.

its one of the main reasons the newer pcm's are equipped with faster processors

ok that sounds like my problem

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info