How does this plug look

KagA152

Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Columbus, IN
Im no expert at reading plugs, but I think theres a problem :drums:
photo1.jpg

So now I gotta figure out what to do. I really didnt want to put any more money into this car as I was happy with the performance level for a beater, so Im thinking its going to go back to stock to pay for whatever it needs to continue as a beater so my CTS-V fund isnt compromised. So what should I do TCG, find a whole stock motor and slap it in, or whats the deal with series III stuff?

KagA152

Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Columbus, IN
got a new plug and threw er in there, smashed the plug so i pulled everything apart.
manifold off
photo2.jpg

yanked a valve cover and saw the exhaust valve keeper sticking above the springs and lol'd
photo4.jpg

photo3.jpg

found a l26 for 500 not too far away so probably will get that next week. I think the head is salvageable but I think the car is going to go back to stock. Anybody interested in stage 5 gen III w/mps, SSIC, machined/ported lower, VS, ZZP headers, ZZP n* kit, motorsports performance intake?

KagA152

Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Columbus, IN
yeah for how much fun it looks like im kinda sad the car just shut off, would have rather parts all over the road. never experienced a catastrophic failure in car

i dont have a pulley puller so the mps will probably stay with the blower

anybody have a stock gen III laying around? Does anybody know if L26 exhaust manifolds are the same as L67? Ill need a stock downpipe too

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info