Needed: Supercharger porting and head service.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Leave the Gen V alone. We don't do any kind of porting on them and when asked we tell people we don't do any kind of porting on them. Neither does ZZP. I think the only company that ever did was Intense and... well... Yeah.

There's only so much you can do with the blower. Each subsequent iteration has made porting less beneficial. I think many assume that because you can get a 15% gain out of a ported Gen III (I'm pulling that number out of my ass) that you can get a 15% gain out of a ported Gen V. It doesn't work that way unfortunately. The more efficient the blower is to begin with the less effective any kind of inlet/ outlet work is going to be.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Thats only because they havent driven a decent turbo car

No offense but I call total bullshit on that one. lol. I own a turbo car that most average car guys would consider on the "monster" side of things and I still see the relevance of using roots blowers versus turbos in certain applications. Hence the reason why I went with a Kenne Bell twin screw blower (similar to roots) in my black Explorer and not a turbo. I needed to get that pig a moving off the line!

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
No offense but I call total bullshit on that one. lol. I own a turbo car that most average car guys would consider on the "monster" side of things and I still see the relevance of using roots blowers versus turbos in certain applications. Hence the reason why I went with a Kenne Bell twin screw blower (similar to roots) in my black Explorer and not a turbo. I needed to get that pig a moving off the line!

Different sized turbos on different cars react differently. WOAH!!!

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton

Yea argue with all the 3800 people who have or had a daily driven turbo car and tell them they arent smart for ditching the s/c for a turbo... :rofl:

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Heehehheeee okay cool story bro..

3800... Only thing to do is turbo. The end. Other cars. Ya whatever. Properly sized turbos are better than your bullshit story

Ugh I can tell I am dealing with someone who is a turbo nutswinger rather than actually understanding the physics behind the multiple forms of forced induction and reasons why one would choose one over the other. A properly sized turbo will be badass and have outstanding boost response; especially in a car with an auto transmission. But that turbo will still not have nearly the amount of off-idle torque that the roots blower will have so that may prove to be enough of a disadvantage to some where they stick with a roots type blower. The turbo will have monster mid-range torque and a higher peak horsepower which may prove enough of an advantage to have people switch from a roots blower. You are operating off of the assumption that everyone has the same priorities as you which isn't the case.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Different sized turbos on different cars react differently. WOAH!!!

Different people prefer different types of powerband depending on how they intend to use their vehicle. The discussion isn't as simple as "turbo is always better or roots blower is always better", except for the folks who are too ignorant and narrow-minded to realize it.

Yea argue with all the 3800 people who have or had a daily driven turbo car and tell them they arent smart for ditching the s/c for a turbo... :rofl:

Abe I never stated that anyone was not smart for swapping from the roots blower to a turbo in their 3800. It depends on your preference for the kind of power and the investment in time and money that you want to make. Perhaps to most 3800 owners the turbo route is better when considering their intended use for the car, but that doesn't blanket to everyone or even all 3800 owners either. It is small-minded to just come out and say the only good option for everyone is going turbo when there is more to consider such as intended use (such as streetlight racer, 1/4 drag, road racer, highway racer, etc), budget, transmission type, drivetrain construction/strength, weight of vehicle, traction, suspension, preference for sound though somewhat arbitrary for most, etc. Those are but a few of the determining factors.

He has a turbo pontiac, so he know what he is talking about guys.

Rather than acting like a douchebag how about you actually offer up a decent counterpoint? Or is speaking in an educated manner on technical issues out of your realm of capability?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Considering almost all of us have driven a 3800 that came WITH a ROOTs blower, and they turned around and stated that a turbo is better, I am going to believe them over you. The end.

Hell, I drove an 04 GP with a nothing done but a CT turbo kit and it behaved like my Regal did with an M90, cept faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDW0ZnZxjn4

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Considering almost all of us have driven a 3800 that came WITH a ROOTs blower, and they turned around and stated that a turbo is better, I am going to believe them over you. The end.

Hell, I drove an 04 GP with a nothing done but a CT turbo kit and it behaved like my Regal did with an M90, cept faster.

I see that according to your posts you must be a follower rather than someone who can think for themselves when you continue to state what "all the other 3800 guys are doing". Nutswingers like you are a dime a dozen. Apparently you are too stupid to understand that I never said that turbo 3800's cannot be faster than the roots blown 3800's; but rather that not all people want the same thing from their cars or have the resources to do those things. Sometimes you have to work with what you got.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
I see that according to your posts you must be a follower rather than someone who can think for themselves when you continue to state what "all the other 3800 guys are doing". Nutswingers like you are a dime a dozen.

All of us 3800 swingers in here have been there and done that. You havent been around long enough to know what these guys have been through. We have the best 3800 site I have even seen. So please stop trolling and continue onto the Ford section

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I see that according to your posts you must be a follower rather than someone who can think for themselves when you continue to state what "all the other 3800 guys are doing". Nutswingers like you are a dime a dozen. Apparently you are too stupid to understand that I never said that turbo 3800's cannot be faster than the roots blown 3800's; but rather that not all people want the same thing from their cars or have the resources to do those things. Sometimes you have to work with what you got.

Rather be a follower then not know what the fuck I am talking about.....like someone else we see in this thread......:hsughlol:

Also, your reading comprehension blows ass. A stock 3800 with the proper turbo behaves JUST like a M90 supercharged one, except faster. And would you look at that, most of the kits sold come with said turbo. HUH!

Now please, exit from said thread and let people who know what they are talking about discuss the topic that was not originally intended. We all would appreciate it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info