my dyno day full of fail

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
the day started out with a good trip to zzp but ended in them re fabing a lot of my turbo hot pipes and a broken upper motor mount and a sticking waste gate, 8 hours later it made a few pulls blew an inter cooler pipe off, at the end of the day it still hadn't been tuned more than a base starter tune so after talking it over with tim and matt I decided to leave it there and let them mess with it for a week or two, I don't have a dyno sheet from any runs since none were anything close to a record run of any sort, but i have a vid from blowing off the intercooler ill post up, all i have to say is its gonna put up some nice numbers when its all done

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
yes they know what it is, and matt is tuning according i don't think its so much the hp that kills them i think its over boosting them, today was spent trying to lower the boost due to the waste gate not opening all the way they were getting 16lbs, the 80lb injectors were pretty much maxed out also

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
yes they know what it is, and matt is tuning according i don't think its so much the hp that kills them i think its over boosting them, today was spent trying to lower the boost due to the waste gate not opening all the way they were getting 16lbs, the 80lb injectors were pretty much maxed out also

Forgive my 3800 ignorance...but how on earth do you Max out 80# injectors on a Grand Prix?????? :dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Shoulda taken 6 months to build it the right way :s00ls:

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but trust me, its gonna take a long time to iron EVERY issue out, stuff just starts to mess up pushing this much power

why did they have to refab your pipes?

mess with it for a week or two?

You are maxing out your pump btw

well for some reason n/a high comp 3800s kill rods, maybe its too much boost, maybe its too much power, ask dbtk2 how to do it right :rofl:

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
It will all work out in the end. What kind of clamps did the charge pipes have on them? Shouldn't have blown off that easy.

I thought my car was gonna be a disaster when I dropped it off for a tune at speed but it ended up working out fine I was really surprised considering it was my first turbo car and I don't know what I'm doing haha. They only had to add a pcv valve to my setup.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Shoulda taken 6 months to build it the right way :s00ls:

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but trust me, its gonna take a long time to iron EVERY issue out, stuff just starts to mess up pushing this much power

why did they have to refab your pipes?

mess with it for a week or two?

You are maxing out your pump btw

well for some reason n/a high comp 3800s kill rods, maybe its too much boost, maybe its too much power, ask dbtk2 how to do it right :rofl:

everything i did would not seal up the rear or the crossover to the plog, they found out that the kit was made for an fbody rear manifold so they had to cut half the crossover off and make it meet up and seal right, then the turbo had moved some so they had to redo some of the down pipe,

when it comes to me leaving the car with them, i am not one to do things half ass if I can't make a car do what I want myself, i will pay someone to do it right for me, the car was not tuned at all when i left for the day and i told them to make it a done project for me i want it tuned and ready to rock with what i have

I didn't think id max the aromotive 340 so easy but i guess so, I really don't feel like adding to the fuel system this year but we will see id like to run more than 16lbs of boost but i doubt it will even be useful on the street

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info