wtb: upper motor mounts (square)

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
kind of thinking about going to poly, but kind of not as I want the car to still be smooth and from what I have read, from idle to about 1200 RPM the car vibrates a lot more. Don't really want that.

Need to replace mine, the rubber squares are are pretty badly worn and loose, causing vibration. just replaced trans and engine mount on the subframe. need to follow up with the top ones. Can you even get these as individual parts?

These rubber inserts..

EM3088.jpg

Anyone have any in good shape or know a GM part number?

LMK

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
It's polyurethane rubber not polyurethane coating. Think rtv but thicker/harder. It's to glue and seal windshields.

All you do is take the dogbones off the square mounts.
Jam a screwdriver between the rubber and metal, spray some wd40 or something similar between them on each side.
Use vise grips on the metal part in the center of the rubber mount and rotate 90* so that the open voids are now on the top and bottom.

Now spray with brake cleaner to clean the wd40 off.
Slowly add the window fill in the voids. You can let it dry a bit at a time then keep adding layers or just fill the whole damn thing and wait a long time to cure.

regalzzz

Regalzzz
Sep 15, 2008
Wheaton
Real Name
Matt
Not exactly sure if they are the same as the Regal mounts but I have a set with 56k on them, low miles taken off car when I got others ones to have powder coated.
Flipping them puts the solid part facing from the front to the rear so that movement of the engine is a little stiffer.
It's very easy and a happy medium because I tired the poly mounts and I feel a slight vibration.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info