Exhaust issue

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Hello all,

I have a problem I need advice on. My exhaust goes down drom a 3' down pipe, then I have a 3' pipe that was put in and my o2 was added to that pipe, then it goes to my 2.5 mufflers. The issue I have is I have to replace my rear o2 and they welded it in. I need to replace that pipe with something that has a spot for a 02. I also want to add a magnaflow res. Anyone know a part that I could use to accomplish this???

Thank you

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
are you still trying to pass emissions?

YES, I need to have the pipe replaced from the down pipe to the Y pipe. I decided to do a Magnaflow res 3 inch and add the 02. Then after that Im going to take it to the dealer and let them figure it out. I know it has to be a sensor of some sort. I have replaced all spark plugs, wires, coil packs, fule filter. Nothing changed the camming issue. Im at a loss and my plates have been suspended since october.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I picked up a GMPP catback off a guy in naperville a few years ago, and when the person who installed his o2 installed it, they welded it in as well..idk htf you do that lol, so I just have 2 o2's hangin out down there now

I got that Bung thing so it can be added. And I plan to replace the entire pipe and add the 3 inch magnaflow res.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Was a big weekend. On saturday I went nuts and cleaned house.

I replaced Both Sensors on the Northstar TB ( Used the TCG Discount)

I finally changed the Drivers side and pass hub

I found out the drivers side CV was torn and leaking so repaced that

Changed Pulley back to 2.8 and replaced the belt.

Replaced a tubing hose that brought together 2 "T" vac connectors. ( It was a small leak. )

Now all Im waiting on is to take it to the shop to get the exhaust fixed. Res put in, O2 installed, and Header gaskets replaced.

Also, ZZP sent me metal gaskets for this, sgouldnt they be Cork gasket??

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Well I got the car back and I have to say I forgot what a monster she is!!

Anyways like clock work 31 miles after clearing the code the light came on again. I Started talking to a guy whos MOS was in motor pool. Turns out his theory was right. My rear 02, even though it was not supose to report, was missing a prong and only had three good connections. So I had a shop cut it and sodder it together. So far 51 miles and no light!!With the new fuel filter and cleaned intake, 2.8 back on, the new belt and 8 rib pulley kit, makes me want a Dyno!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info