Why do you need a block off plate for turbo?

PokerBlakeB

Regular
May 2, 2010
Kenosha
Block off plate for turbo? *Decided to go with L26 Upper intake*

I have a z7 turbo kit I'm installing on my L32 and when I went to use the zzp s/c block off plate, it didnt fit. The block off plate must be for Gen 3 s/c only. So since I already had the rotors out and the gen v case was hollow, I just bolted the snout back on. I've never heard of anyone doing this, so what would be the issue with this?

Last edited:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
pull the plug outta thend of the snout shaft and fill it with rtv and youll be golden

lemme git them gen5 rotors/midplate

gearbox bolt pattern should be the same between gen3 and 5 cause i swear i tried to shove gen3 rotor pack into my scored to hell gen5 case and the bolt holes lined up just not the gearpack due to the offset

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
if your going for get it running asap, just put thin coat of rtv under the head of the push in tree clip (not on the push in part) that is the breather on the gen5's and push it in let cure, that way you can use a razor blade to cut the rtv then pull the clip out at a later date and reassemble the gen5 after youve aquired a gen3 and sell the gen5

ProjectGTP

Addict
Jan 24, 2011
Like so....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1337441972202.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1337441972202.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 144

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
gen3 wont work well on an l32 lim as the snout end is moved over

so when you set the gen3 blower down on the opening you can see into the intake

if you pull the alignment dowels outta the lim you can shift the blower towards the snout a little and id guess you could get it to seal pretty well (would be nice to drill the blower mounting bolt holes oversize to give you more movement)

you couldnt use the gen3 gasket as it doesnt work to well and the gen5 wont work well either so just cutup a cereal box and make a gasket or just use straight rtv and lay a good integral bead across the snout end (after scrubing and brake cleaning the snout sealing surfaces for good bonding to rtv)
leave blockoff off if you wanna cleanup inside bead so you dont suck in a chunk of rtv do the outside bead, bolton blockoff (fuckit rtv that too no need for anerobic sealer just dont go overboard 1/8th inch bead is more than enough)
then rtv around the base of the blockoff.

youll need a 6ft 2x4 to take it off but "it'll fit"

for the coolant holes 7/16ths drill bit and a 1/4npt tap and two internal hex/square drive plugs, maybe grind a 1/4x1/4 groove under the lim end plate

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info