PROJECT: MPG Beater W-Body

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
ALright so a few of you know, I bought dark c6's 98 monte carlo with a blewed up motor.

it is rough. like how your mother likes it trebec.

My plan with it is to make it get as good of gas mileage as a 3.8 powered w-body can get- while spending as little money as possible and not getting retarded with it (read: weight reduction that entails removing body panels more than rust already has.)

So far I have a L26 that I got from LKQ for 400$ delivered out of a 2007 buick lacrosse with 107k on it.

my thoughts were- get rid of unnecessary weight- make it potentially run warmer than normal... gap plugs as wide as possible without sacrificing drivability... etc etc...

any suggestions are greatly appreciated and i am excited to get into this this coming weekend with smug... thats when motor will be swapped.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Cut the springs to lower it and add under-body skid plates to make the bottom flat for aero. Find the skinniest wheels/tires made for that lug pattern to reduce rolling resistance. Patch rust holes with tape to make the body smooth. Also, get a GTP trans or 2.93 final drive since I believe the NA 3800 had 3.29 gears.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
What is a top swap on these cars? I'm assuming putting a blower on from the gtp's, but not sure.

yep. heads/lim/blower/fuel rail/injectors etc.

Id like to see 12's with $500 in mods.

just because it took you significantly more to go 12s than 500$ doesnt mean it cant be done. and if this was a sc car to begin with i would be trying.

Cut the springs to lower it and add under-body skid plates to make the bottom flat for aero. Find the skinniest wheels/tires made for that lug pattern to reduce rolling resistance. Patch rust holes with tape to make the body smooth. Also, get a GTP trans or 2.93 final drive since I believe the NA 3800 had 3.29 gears.

oh well played.

maybe taller tires too to further reduce cruising rpms

+ heads and fuel rails, injectors, etc.

:fy:

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Or a clue.. :jg:

lolwut.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info