tumblr_lktjf15C721qiidudo1_500.jpg

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Either...

A. nmskull blew the motor in the Firebird and wants to swap in the motor from the GTP.

B. nmskull honestly wants to go through the trouble to cam a V6 Fbody

C. nmskull is going to take the top end off the GTP and put it on the Fbody, and leave the GTP N/A.

Who properly tunes 3800's around here?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
for the fbody or the W?
cheaper and easier to put 1.8/.85/.9 rockers on it

if you were talkin about a vs i would say go ahead and toss it in
the xp as well as trhe vs have more exhaust bias to get the exh out and the relativly short int duration is more suited to forced induction. overlap is also minimal when most na setups love overlap.

the older xp did have less of a duration split than the newer xp hot cam i know cause i have one on the shelf.

if your planning something down the road to take advantage of it id say go for it but if your not.... your gonna kill the low and lower nmidrange tq curve in trade for upper rpm power that you wont be able to use effectibly without some type of forced induction.
the rotating assembly geometry isnt the best for high rpm breathing esp in an NA app, but its great for low/mid tq and you kill that off your prob gonna go slower overall even though you bumped peak tq/hp

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info