built with bearings not bushings
Pumps - AGR Performance - MB Motorsports

AGR-TC-Pump.jpg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Electronic Power Steering Conversion Delete Swap

^^^ link for the MR2 pump. The guy found that he didn't even need to run a PS cooler because his reservoir tank was double the stock one (which is a lot). This has been used in big Honda's and small Honda's, seems to hold up great. ~$100 for the pump, maybe $30 for the lines since you can probably make those at work, $50 for the misc. fittings, bam. No more whine, and no more overheated power steering.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Ok, name the demands and flow a GM rack requires. Then name the same for a 97-01 Honda prelude. Explain the difference, and then give me the specs on the MR2 pump.

Annnnnd go. Seriously, prove you're not talking out of your un-showered ass.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Ok, name the demands and flow a GM rack requires. Then name the same for a 97-01 Honda prelude. Explain the difference, and then give me the specs on the MR2 pump.

Annnnnd go. Seriously, prove you're not talking out of your un-showered ass.

the gm pump vanes have alot more surface area than the honda/hyundai/mitsu pumps, ive pulled em apart, i have one on the shelf we used it as an ic pump on the riv, the gm pump moved shit faster at idle.
at the ~1000-1500psi working pressure of most racks you need a volume tailored to the spool valve and rack piston.
there aint no way that honda's steering was meant for the weight of a GM midsize chunk of steel.

besides its retarded from an energy standpoint as you loose efficiency at each change. you have to convert rotational power, to electricity, electric back to rotaional, to hydraulic power, to linear motion.

now if he got rid of his rack and went to a straight electric assist...that would be ok.

you can modify the valving and high pressure bypass orifices in the GM pump to get a bit less effort. and guess what it'll be cheaper :jg:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info