New hid setup. Is this correct?

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
I'm going to place an order for new headlights/HID kit for the GTP. I wanted to run this by you guys and make sure im doing it correctly. First time getting HID's so I dunno if it is correct.

Install Guide (other than manufactures): HID Install Help.

Headlights:
Stock (aftermarket) headlight set $62

HID KIT:
DDM Tuning Slim Ballast
capturepf.png
$44 + $16 Shipping

RELAY HARNESS (do I need this?)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RELAY-HARNESS-9007-HB5-X-1-WIRE-35W-55W-HID-CONVERSION-XENON-KIT-HEAD-LIGHT-LAMP-/130606514661?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2001|Model%3AGrand+Prix&hash=item1e68c141e5&vxp=mtr eBay[/url] $10

TOTAL = $132

So is this about right? The headlights I have now are crap. Originally I wanted the 6000K, but ive read that they and the 5000k are just too bright. How does this look?

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Looks good. The number is the heat range of the bulb. 4500 are white. 6000 have a tint of blue. It's just what color u prefer.

Yes, the 4500k kit is typically what most oem companies use. The 4300k and 5000k are the closest to natural sunlight, and put out the most actual light. The higher over 5000k you go, the less actual light output there is because of the color.

hellraiser319

Hellraising since 1986
May 17, 2010
West Bend, WI
If you do the hi/lo kit, it comes with the relay harness... shouldn't be any problems if you are doing new headlight assemblies, but the only complaints, they shake a little on the vic, partially because those headlight assemblies have seen some better days; and one of the hi/lo's crapped out on the little car, I keep meaning to call them up and get a replacement... Worth the wait for shipment on both cars though, I don't know if DDM got better with that...

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
i have two relay harness' from ddm be aware that they arent weathertight so youll want to seal em up with rtv or route em to keep roadsalt out of em.
i made my own harness for the semi using oem weatherpack connectors and high current relays from junkyard cars

you want one of mine nick? you want it its yours

Thanks but im not sure if i need it as I did order one off of eBay. Might be junk but I will take your advice and seal them up. They will be here in about a month so we will know then!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info