3800 PT owners, this ever happen to you?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
So earlier tonight I was helping AchillesInvention set his PCM back to stock since he didnt have many mods on the car anymore and was getting horrible MPG along with some high RPM sputtering. He had an unlocked DHP 1.0 w/adjustable timing in his car. I was using my PT to do the tuning.

We first meet up, and I download his BIN. Save it for later use and examination. :) I then use the option to reset the BIN back to stock. Save that as a new BIN. He then asked if I could up the cruise timing to help with MPG. I download my timing tables since our cars are pretty much on par with each other and figure it shouldnt be an issue. Save that as a new BIN as well.

I flash the stock BIN with advanced timing tables. Flash goes well. No issues. Key off. Key on. Car wont start.

I flash the stock BIN into the car. Flash goes well. Key off. Key on. Car wont start.

I flash the BIN that I downloaded from his car. Flash goes well. Key off. Key on. Car starts.

At this point, I figure instead of using different BINs that I saved, Ill just use this one. I use the reset to stock command. Flashed the car. Key off. Key on. Car starts.

At this point we wanted to make sure the BIN was stock and not the 1.0, so I redownload the BIN again. I compare it to stock values, and it is nowhere near stock. It did not reset anything. I had to manually reset each paramiter. (left the tranny ones alone, along with the speed limiter. Hehe. Cant take away all the fun.)

Flashed that file into the car. Key off. Key on. Car starts. He drives away happy. Also told me that he gained 6 MPG on the drive home.

Ive never had an issue with my car with saving different BINs and flashing with the BINs I just created. I was just wondering what the issue could have been that kept his car from starting when I was trying to flash a different BIN other than the one that came out of the car.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
That happened to me when I was screwing around with Lurch's (aka got3800.com) car. Pulled the bin, made a change, saved the bin as a new file, and flashed it. Car wouldn't start. Flashed the orginal bin to it, car starts. I don't know what I did but I think it was the car since that car is so fucked up.

Ive been getting a few PMs on CGP about "picky" cars. Some cars will do whatever BIN you throw at it. Other cars want just a modified version of the BIN that was in the car. The only reason I did what I did, was cause I wanted to keep that BIN for myself. :rofl: Either way, I just copied it so I could look at it later.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info