xm radio.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
I've been thinking more and more about getting XM/Sirius radio , and I see more and more cars popping up in the local yards with the factory XM. i have an XM-Capable head unit, so here's my question.

how hard would it be if I was to buy the box, wiring and antenna ? I have no idea because I've never looked into it further than "oh look, XM box." but how complicated could it be?

if you don't think I could wire it into my car with GM stuff, how hard is it to get XM/Sirius on my current (or even a new) head unit? I know absolutely ZERO about this, so I figured I'd ask here.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
If anyone ends up reading this, the thing I'm basically trying to say is I want XM without the goofy ass box having to be on my dash or anywhere else in the car, I want it to be a clean install without junk sitting out everywhere other than the cable I have now for my iPod that goes into my dash board.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
never heard of anyone voluntarily drilling the hole in their roof to add an antenna that had multiple tsb's for water intrusion/headliner deformation but if you wanna go for it, i say go for it. whats the worst that can happen? it doesnt work and you have a hole in your roof...upside is that it could work fine, wont know till someone try's. my guess is no one has tried to swap in that stuff so you would be a trailblazer

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
I would think it would be a lot easyer to go purchase a unit that sends it into your current radio. either through fm signal or add into the attennna. Take you about 10 minutes to be up and running and you would not need to touch your set up at all.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
if your stock radio is xm ready you should be able to recieve xm directly. one way to tell. call xm up. they will be able to tell you/guide you to whay you will need. i just got a renewal letter for wifes malibu. 6 months for $25 and they waive the $15 activation fee.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info