tune?

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Sounds like a mechanical issue assuming you don't drive like a total D-bag. Driving habits are where the real fuel savings are at assuming a mechanically sound car.
stop and go, i don't really hammer on it. when i'm on the highway, 65-75 mph and don't go above 2500 RPM at all usually

sell that heap already.

or junk it :dunno:
ok. help me get a new car or stop being a broken record.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
sorry i'm not a mother fucking baller like you breh.

fwiw , the only real junk i buy from yards is cosmetic stuff or little bits and pieces that are missing/broken on mine. nothing mechanical.

Go spend $100 on MAINTENANCE for the car. I know, baller cash. What do you think someone will tune the car for free? :roflpicard:

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Dude I get 20mpg and my car has a tune, L67 injectors, No egr, no evap, no cat, and a 3.05 gear. Maintain the vehicle and get good stuff. Not cheap shit. You plan on keeping this car so put some good love into her and she'll love you back.

Make sure you use the cruise asmuch as possible and draft others. If I draft I can easily lose a couple hundred RPM and still do the same MPH.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
sorry i'm not a mother fucking baller like you breh.

fwiw , the only real junk i buy from yards is cosmetic stuff or little bits and pieces that are missing/broken on mine. nothing mechanical.

Basic maintenance on a car isn't being baller. It's basic maintenance. If you don't have enough money to buy $30 for 6 plugs, $30 for Vato Zone wires, 5$ for a 20' length of automotive tubing, and $20 for a drop in filter, you have bigger problems in your life and should resort to manual transportation and stop driving a car.

My old GP would get 22 city and 27 highway when I had it at 85k.

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
Seriously clean that MAF with a q tip and some rubbing alcohol and then reset your battery. I bet that alone brings it up a bunch.

If you have a "heavy" forearm, don't. Just spray it with CRC. Also as said above, TUNEUP. Get new plugs (for NA I'd go with Autolite copper core 605), your fuel filter could be all clogged up if you didn't change it for a while. +1 on disconnecting the battery.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Dude I get 20mpg and my car has a tune, L67 injectors, No egr, no evap, no cat, and a 3.05 gear. Maintain the vehicle and get good stuff. Not cheap shit. You plan on keeping this car so put some good love into her and she'll love you back.

Make sure you use the cruise asmuch as possible and draft others. If I draft I can easily lose a couple hundred RPM and still do the same MPH.
if my cruise worked, i'd be all over that.

Also what intake did you put on?
car has an intense FWI with a k&n cylindrical filter in the fender.

Basic maintenance on a car isn't being baller. It's basic maintenance. If you don't have enough money to buy $30 for 6 plugs, $30 for Vato Zone wires, 5$ for a 20' length of automotive tubing, and $20 for a drop in filter, you have bigger problems in your life and should resort to manual transportation and stop driving a car.

My old GP would get 22 city and 27 highway when I had it at 85k.
it was the comment about minty junkyard cars. i obviously know don't do 99% of any mechanical parts from a junkyard car. automotive tubing? wat?

Damn it feels good to be baller.
fuck off out of my thread you twat. i'm asking for help, not posting in OT.

If you have a "heavy" forearm, don't. Just spray it with CRC. Also as said above, TUNEUP. Get new plugs (for NA I'd go with Autolite copper core 605), your fuel filter could be all clogged up if you didn't change it for a while. +1 on disconnecting the battery.
how hard is the fuel filter to do on these?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info