3800 Got my car running

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
It fired right up, chugged like crazy...

I played with the wires, everything was up to snuff. I found a decent sized vac leak at the pcv, I sealed that up. I took a look at the tune I put on it, and it's all messed up. So looks like I'll have to get a new pcm for it. It idles like it's cammed! It's times like this I miss my powertuner...

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Well, I'm not sure now if I'm driving tomorrow, but we'll see. One of my injector o-rings is leaking bad, and I thought it was the pcv, but it's the injector. The stock injectors I got had a few of the discs gone on the bottom. I think this injector must have dropped the o-ring into the head. It won't hurt anything, but if I can't get it fixed by the time I have to leave I may just wait to drive it. I'll probably double up the o-rings on that injector.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I think it will be ok, a few of my old stock injectors had broken discs and were fine. When I put the clips on the rail I was moving the injectors up and down in the bore. I think I may have rolled the o-ring off the injector when I did that. It's probably when it happened. It shouldn't take me long to fix so I'll play around with it this morning.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info