3800 went and had my own track day back at home

jeff99gtp

Regular
Sep 9, 2008
well this last weekend i made the 6 hour drive back home to mn to have a good GTP weekend! i was suppost to dyno my car again on sat with the new maf from zzp. but everything didnt go to well on sat and i didnt make it in time for the dyno and the shop closed before we where done messing with it. so we just street tuned it and couldnt go past 21psi(still had no knock!!) cause of the wastegate spring. but we got that as good as possible. with the boost that high my tranny was getting VERY bad, slipping alot. but i really didnt care and i headed out to the track on sunday morn to see what i could do with it at 21psi. it was a ricer day at the track to the prep was horrible and couldnt get traction for shit. but here is what i ran

[email protected] with a 1.910 60 ft
from here on my trans went down hill FAST!

[email protected] with a 1.922 60 ft

the they stopped me right before i was going to go to prep the track and i wasnt sure if i wanted to stay in it all the way down and get kicked off now or later. so i waited to go all out later which was a bad idea cause i got a new PB 60 that run. man was i pissed! here is what i did

[email protected] with a 1.763 60 ft!!!!!!!!!!
i had to break alot at the end so i didnt go to fast and i still ran that.

but now the day was coming to an end so i went all out and ended up with

[email protected] with a 1.910 60 ft

im still pretty happy considering that my tranny was slipping like crazy all day and is gone now, and that the prep was bad besides that one run, i will have a video up later but it wont be the best sence it was taken from a digital camera.

jeff

jeff99gtp

Regular
Sep 9, 2008
haha ya i was letting off and breaking hard on some of the passes and i got a warning on my 11.5 pass. but for the tranny i know a guy back in mn who does very good work on these trannies, and makes a great hard shifting shift kit and he actually built the one i have in there. but my hole problem is with the tranny is that i got all of the good hard parts and put them into a low milage 04 tranny and used stock soft parts. so thats why they went out so quick, stock clutches FTL!!!

jeff99gtp

Regular
Sep 9, 2008
dyno graph when i was at 18psi......

jeffdyno.jpg

jeff99gtp

Regular
Sep 9, 2008
holy shit. it has a passenger seat.

i still cant believe that it has only been turbo since may.

wtf is that.

ya it sucks that my tranny went that fast but hey i guess that just means i got a little power. so we will see if money will come together and see if i can get some new clutches in it and go for the 10s. ya it still does have the passenger seat but everything else behind it is gone!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info