3800 Opinions WANTED! Which rockers???

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
I figure you guys would know, but I was wondering which rocker's I should go with? I know how to wrench and have been working on my cars since I can remember when, but I usually do easy--no brainer things---like replace whatever is broke.

I hear about guys putting in 1.6's, 1.8's and 1.9's, etc, but I don't know why people choose which ratio. I know SLP had 1.8's available for the GTX and I was planning on getting something similar...but (again), I don't know which ratio is best for what mods.

Here are my list of (go-fast) mods:

--SLP--
- CAI
- 3.5 Pulley
- Fan Control Switch
- I have the Temperature Control module, but that was removed once I installed the DHP PCM

--ZZPerformance--[/B]
- H2O Pulley

- DHP v1.0 (never tuned any further)
- U-bend & Res. Delete
- 160* thrermostat
- NGK V's
- HULKSpeed PEM's

I have another M90 which I plan on porting along with another set of heads. Also have a ZZPerformance Stage 2 Throttle Body, ZZPerformance Alternator Pulley and a Random Technologies 3' catted D/P (goes from 3' to 2.5' after cat.).

I still have to install the Nitrous Works Dry Nitrous kit, along with the Thrasher Nitrous Plate pieced together some 3+ years ago. I'd like to find a LIM to port to match the S/C and heads and I would love to find a set of SLP headers. Eventually this car will have all of this installed along with whatever headers I can find out there.

I figured I would put the rockers on the other heads I have, once everything is ported and matched...however, once I do all of this, what ratio rockers should I go with?

Somewhere on my computer, I have verification of the actual company who made the rockers for SLP...which SLP just stamped their name on. Something tells me they are CRANE 1.8's...but don't quote me on that...which could stamp "SLP" on like SLP used to do...this way I could make an argument that my car is as close to a GTX without being an actual GTX as can be. You bet your dupa it sounds Polish....

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
mod'd 1.9s are great rockers. With roller rockers in 1.9-1.95 you will need springs. I would suggest you not install the RT downpipe. It is not a quality peice and ive seen them in person falling apart after a year of use, and the cat is more restrictive then a stock unit. Many vendors have warned people not to use them for good reason. Good new for you is you can find some one that will pay near top dollar just for it just because of the name. Then take that money and get a WBS or ZZP catted DP. Both vendors offer a bolt on unit to the stock catback.

DOC-Z

Chickun maka LOUSY housspaat!
Oct 13, 2008
Johnsburg, IL.
Real Name
-Larry
I would suggest you not install the RT downpipe. It is not a quality peice and ive seen them in person falling apart after a year of use, and the cat is more restrictive then a stock unit. Many vendors have warned people not to use them for good reason. Good news for you is you can find some one that will pay near top dollar just for it just because of the name. Then take that money and get a WBS or ZZP catted DP. Both vendors offer a bolt on unit to the stock catback.

Yeah, and his name is...wait that's me...

Eventually, I planned on removing the rear seat and have the exhaust poke through in front of the rear tire. Only problem is I'd have to try to work around the unibody. I think it can be done without too much body re-inforcing, but that's a definite maybe in the cars' distant future. I figure I can shave a few pounds worth of excess weight by removing the old 2.5 pipes and mufflers; replacing them with stainless pipes coming from a smaller single muffler further up in the center hump. Being the rear seat will be gone, it should give me some extra room to play with.

You should just buy my rockers! Cause they are the best!

Intense Gen1 Rockers - 1.90 ratio...I also have Oil restricted Push rods to go with them.

$200 for it all you will have to get new rocker bolts though. (not gonna find a cheaper price plus no core charge!)

Wanna R/T D/P?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info