3800 progress!!

sp_dynasty

I AM THE STIG
Oct 2, 2008
just thought id post up, ill be getting my 1.9 rockers in the mail tomorrow so i decided to tear into it tonight, ive gotta get my hands on a strap or whatever to pull the engine forward and ill get the rears off, heres a few shots

100_1665.jpg

100_1666.jpg

100_1667.jpg

-zack

sp_dynasty

I AM THE STIG
Oct 2, 2008
very nice, not a hard job to do but time consuming imo. I was really careful when installing mine though lol so it took bout 16 hours total, but then again i did my headers at the same time so...

id love to do headers at the same time but cash is a lil low so 1.9 rockers are great for now... in all im guessing this will take me around 4 hours since ive gotta wait for the rockers lol and i need to get my hands on a torque wrench

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
id love to do headers at the same time but cash is a lil low so 1.9 rockers are great for now... in all im guessing this will take me around 4 hours since ive gotta wait for the rockers lol and i need to get my hands on a torque wrench

I'm sure there is a ricerzone aka vatozone aka autozone somewhere out there right? Just rent one from them. Make sure you get the oil out of the bolt threads so the torque is accurate. I'm sure you know that but just making sure! I would also get some of the blue locktite too, just to be safe.

sp_dynasty

I AM THE STIG
Oct 2, 2008
well i got my torque wrench i borrowed it from grandpa, anywho ive got it all apart now....

100_1668.jpg

100_1670.jpg

100_1673.jpg

and finished with this...
100_1675.jpg

so far so good, i didnt break my coolant elbows or anything... it went pretty smoothly considering ive never done anything like this... i would have loved to do ic and headers all at the same time but that costs $ so they will come down the road

GLIKENNY

Hooligan
Oct 7, 2008
Darien, Illinois
Real Name
Kenny
well i got my torque wrench i borrowed it from grandpa, anywho ive got it all apart now....

100_1668.jpg

100_1670.jpg

100_1673.jpg

and finished with this...
100_1675.jpg

so far so good, i didnt break my coolant elbows or anything... it went pretty smoothly considering ive never done anything like this... i would have loved to do ic and headers all at the same time but that costs $ so they will come down the road

Is that the FWI from WBODYSTORE. if so what did you have to do to make it fit the 04? i want to throw out the K&N CAI and get that one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info