3800 New here! Have SC questions

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
and check out wbodystore.com, they have an upgrade kit that will put a factory supercharger on there for about a grand

It can be done for less.

Basic list off the top of my head.

M90
Throttle body
Matching lower intake manifold
L67/32 heads
L67/32 injectors
L32 fuel rails
L67/32 MAP
L67/32 crank pulley
Tuned PCM

I think there might be a thing or two I am missing, but that is the nitty gritty.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
You dont need to swap the cam. The heads you do need to swap since the injectors enter through the LIM on the N/A version and through the heads on the S/C version. You could also go with ZZPs SS M90 kit which will let you keep your heads and crank pulley since they use that to spin the blower. I havent checked into that in awhile so you might want to look it up.

1998gpgt

TCG Elite Member
Apr 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
Well you would need a Gen V SC for whichever option you choose. None of the vendors make a gen 3 M90 to L32/L26 TB adapter. So the topswap would end up being well over $1000, while the SS kit will be approaching $1500 if you buy all of ZZP's parts. My old ghetto-rigged SS kit setup cost a lot less because I didn't buy the blower or the fuel logs from ZZP. The blower was modded to work with a die grinder and modded L67 fuel rails were used. And I don't think ZZP offers returnless SS kit fuel logs so your only option would be to frankenstein your own set of rails together.

The only real positive to the SS kit is that it is much easier to install. Besides that the topswap is better in every aspect. So basically a topswap is the only option to consider in supercharging your car. Here is what my cheap ass rail setup looked like :s00ls:

IMG_0145.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info