SNES CLASSIC - :)

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Hi folks,

So, I'll probably get crap for this, but, here goes.

If anyone has an extra or gets an extra SNES Classic edition, any chance someone will sell one for cost or right around cost?

Really wanted one this time around, but, it seems they are just as hard to find as the NES classics.

Shoot me a PM if you or someone you know is willing to part ways with one in that price range.

(ROMS/EMULATORS not an option)

-Chris

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Asshats are already on FB selling them for $200+. Any idiot could put an emulator on their laptop or desktop PC and play all these games for free. No need to buy this plastic.

True, I've had hundreds of ROM's. But, with one of my laptops down, I don't want to risk my gaming rig getting a virus from a ROM, which is more common than most think.

I'd rather have a small dedicated system just for this, vs. using a laptop or my gaming rig.

Check best buy in Schaumburg. Service guy walked over there and bought 1 and he said they had a ton

I doubt by the time I get out from work and make it there they will have any left.

Thanks though!

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
True, I've had hundreds of ROM's. But, with one of my laptops down, I don't want to risk my gaming rig getting a virus from a ROM, which is more common than most think.

I'd rather have a small dedicated system just for this, vs. using a laptop or my gaming rig.

I doubt by the time I get out from work and make it there they will have any left.

Thanks though!

https://romsmania.com/roms/nintendo

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010

Thanks though!

Can you buy online for in store pickup?

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
people i work with went there and bought them. i was told they have a lot left. you can call a store and check how many they have left but people on the phone usually suck. one time i called schaumburg store and was told they had a LOT left of something. went the block and a half to the store and they had NONE.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
The word on the street is there will be mountains of stock and production will keep going through christmas. It doesnt pay nintendo to make it so limited like they did on the NES. Now they know better, and will be mass producing it. So dont pay a penny over retail please. The scalpers are catching hell on facebook in those garage sale groups. For good reason too. Fuck them.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Thanks guys.

I agree, I am not going to give a scalper the benefit of the doubt. If a system comes out and these are in stock in stores, I"ll buy one at retail cost.

Otherwise, I now have a laptop I can use to download ROM's and transfer to the Pi. Plus, a good friend has over 650 ROM's between NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, etc.

We will see if we manage to find one.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Hi folks,

So, I'll probably get crap for this, but, here goes.

If anyone has an extra or gets an extra SNES Classic edition, any chance someone will sell one for cost or right around cost?

Really wanted one this time around, but, it seems they are just as hard to find as the NES classics.

Shoot me a PM if you or someone you know is willing to part ways with one in that price range.

(ROMS/EMULATORS not an option)

-Chris

Thanks guys.

I agree, I am not going to give a scalper the benefit of the doubt. If a system comes out and these are in stock in stores, I"ll buy one at retail cost.

Otherwise, I now have a laptop I can use to download ROM's and transfer to the Pi. Plus, a good friend has over 650 ROM's between NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, etc.

We will see if we manage to find one.

:roflpicard:

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Relax big guy.

Found another option where I can safely store ROM's and not get a virus on a $2,000+ gaming computer or one of our other expensive laptops. Regardless of how safe the better ROM site's are, wasn't going to take a chance.

Now that I found out how cheap I can build a Pi 3 with extra accessories, 32GB and have hundreds if not more ROM's, and store them safely, it is clearly a no brainer.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
:bowrofl: so exactly what I said is the better option. The classics are cool collector item but SOOOO overpriced for what you get. $30-40 would of been more acceptable but Nintendo will do what they want.

I have never gotten a virus from a ROM site :rofl: but ok. If that was the issue you could of just asked for a link to a zip file with all the roms in it which a few of us on here have. No websites to deal with.

Its stupid easy to setup the RetroPi nowadays on the pi. Let us know if you run into any issues and we could probably help you out but there are tons of guides on youtube also.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
I did once years back which wrecked my dell XPS hard drive. Downloaded it from Coolrom which was a “safe” site at the time. Out of the hundreds of ROMs I had, the one hard to find one messed it up. I stopped downloading them all together.

It’s a chance I wasn’t comfortable taking. Things have changed and I have a crap laptop use and don’t care if something happens to it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info