Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
73617987.jpg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Sure did, my hero.

As for OP, there's some clean ones in the SVT contour FB group. And also, :fy: for wanting to buy a CSVT. If you get one, lets do a track day next year. I really want to get mine out and beat the hell out of it.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Looks like they're all pretty far away, like this gem. Cali car :fy: So clean.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5868709863.html

This one doesn't look like it has rocker rot, if it doesn't and you can get it for even cheaper, that's not a bad deal. The 2.5's usually rod knock before that mileage, so if it made it that far, it should be good to go.

1999 SVT Contour

jvert

Go Bulls and Cubs
Jul 27, 2006
Looks like they're all pretty far away, like this gem. Cali car :fy: So clean.

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5868709863.html

This one doesn't look like it has rocker rot, if it doesn't and you can get it for even cheaper, that's not a bad deal. The 2.5's usually rod knock before that mileage, so if it made it that far, it should be good to go.

1999 SVT Contour

Thanks for the links. The cali car does look nice. Does your still have the 2.5 or is it a 3.0 swap?

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Thanks for the links. The cali car does look nice. Does your still have the 2.5 or is it a 3.0 swap?

Still the 2.5, if that motor dies I would be between a rock and a hard place. I don't have motivation to do all that work to swap a 3.0ltr, that's a shit ton of work. I'm sure it'll be fine though, the previous owner was 10x more meticulous than I am. He did a lot of awesome subtle upgrades and really took super good care of the car. I've been driving it every day, up until they lay salt down. Easily my 2nd favorite car I've ever owned, even though they're not very reliable and everything is a pain in the ass to fix.

jvert

Go Bulls and Cubs
Jul 27, 2006
Still the 2.5, if that motor dies I would be between a rock and a hard place. I don't have motivation to do all that work to swap a 3.0ltr, that's a shit ton of work. I'm sure it'll be fine though, the previous owner was 10x more meticulous than I am. He did a lot of awesome subtle upgrades and really took super good care of the car. I've been driving it every day, up until they lay salt down. Easily my 2nd favorite car I've ever owned, even though they're not very reliable and everything is a pain in the ass to fix.

I hear ya. I had a Svt focus, car was great but always wanted an Svt contour. I bought a new 4 banger 99 contour and always dreamed to have had an Svt. Just couldn't afford it at the time. Just hard to find good ones.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL

I don't know what you're talking about, FWD ford platforms are a breeze to swap engines on..................... [MENTION=22]syP[/MENTION]

:nope:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info