Sega Genesis

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
I have one of these, works pretty well. Picked up a rca to hdmi converter for about 15 bucks.
It has 80 games built in AND can take an original cartridge.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0094H8H7I/?tag=tcg21-20

there are like three or four variants. THere are all the standard games and then switchouts like mortal combat.
PLease not, that of the 80 games, you probably will only 25 of them. SO there are 25 you know, then last 20 are some really crappy chinese pieces of garbage.

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
I think so, I can let you know when I get home, around 330 or so.

Sounds good!

I have one of these, works pretty well. Picked up a rca to hdmi converter for about 15 bucks.
It has 80 games built in AND can take an original cartridge.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0094H8H7I/?tag=tcg21-20

there are like three or four variants. THere are all the standard games and then switchouts like mortal combat.
PLease not, that of the 80 games, you probably will only 25 of them. SO there are 25 you know, then last 20 are some really crappy chinese pieces of garbage.

I'm not a big fan of the new ones, looking for the original console.

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
That the fancy model with cartridge/CD combo?

lol fancy? It's just a separate system that attaches to the original sega system. I've got about 14 games combined between the two systems. 2 controllers, a wireless laser gun for the terminator game I have, and a couple wired .357 looking guns for the sega CD shooting game I have. I think it's called "Magnum Force".

Haven't played it in years, but it's worth a bit. I'd sell it all for about $250.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ouch. You better have some rare games for 250.

I never did make it to the rosemont flea market, but there is one in Palatine open on the weekends. Its indoors. There is a guy that sells retro consoles and games and IIRC he does Genesis for 40-50. Not terrible but I dont like people trying to get ebay prices off ebay.

I miss my M1 genesis with my M2 sega cd. :tear:

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I feel like the nostalgia wears off just as fast whether you're playing on the original console or not. I still play some emulators, but I wouldn't play any more frequently if I was playing on the OG console. The only thing I like better is using the original gamepads, and that's about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info