WTB 55 gallon plastic drums

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Check the MWRD website. They're giving them away, up to 4 per house if you live in a town on the list.

https://www.mwrd.org/irj/portal/anonymous/rainbarrel

My city is part of the program but they want you to apply for them and there no guarantee that you get one and I'm not sure if the ones the city give you are 55g in size. I kinda wanted to set it up a certain way too instead of being forced to use it the way they designed it...

GG Allin

Addict
Feb 27, 2012
ORD
My city is part of the program but they want you to apply for them and there no guarantee that you get one and I'm not sure if the ones the city give you are 55g in size. I kinda wanted to set it up a certain way too instead of being forced to use it the way they designed it...

This is what I was sent for free. I have 4 total. These 3 are fed by one downspout and linked at the bottom to equalize. Can't beat free. And they are each 55 gallons.

IMAG4088_zps9sb8xfgq.jpg

Last edited:

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
did you have fun with the transaction? like mumbling these hookers gonna get it :rofl:

HAHAHA, nope... It was an older guy, just explained how he has his setup to collect the water, etc...

Fairly easy transaction, although it could be because I gave him what he was asking since it was a fair price.... I hate those people who try to talk you down like 80% of your price.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
What was stored in those drums prior to you picking them up? Depending on what was in them, it might be a good idea to triple rinse those.

Pre-rinsed from the guy with a pressure washer... I'll definitely give them a once over again with my pressure washer too though.

I believe they were soaps of some kind from the car wash down the street.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info