Dirt Every Day: Episode 57 Alaskan Army Truck

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
holy fuck am i :nutz: this.... solid episode. the power wagon daystar owner guy is a bit annoying but holy fuck is the army truck fucking awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KZPlwvaNR8&index=5&list=PLGvTvFzdMg_Mlk222V60pPCj_uohycX_P

portal boxes at the end of the axles, which i didn't even know what a thing seperately able to be added... 8.1, 4L80e, etc.

:nutz:

ded-alabama-army-truck-front-suspension.jpg

With the additional 1.5:1 gearing of the portals along with the 4.56 ring-and-pinion, I now have a final axle ratio of 6.84:1. To deal with that, I upgraded to an automatic overdrive from Gearstar Transmissions. The 4L80 came with the big-block, but I sent it to Gearstar to be rebuilt and dyno’d. The result is a transmission with grunt for wheeling and overdrive gearing for highway cruising.

:eek3:

could idle up a building :rofl:

ded-alabama-army-truck-alaska-army-truck.jpg

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I love Fred Williams. Just seems like a genuinely happy guy. He posts on steel soldiers sometimes with cucv questions. Sadly his first one was stolen.

I will say, they went a bit far with all the holes in the sides :rofl: but this truck is also the reason I put my exhaust where it is.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
100k might be steep for this truck but maybe.

the JK i posted in other thread. good possibility. fuck they went all out.

:rofl:

but yeah. sponsors.

I'll bet all in all with the first build of that truck the blown ls3 + this yeah there are some duckits in this truck

i should post the avalanche idaho snow race video. holy shit did they beat the fuck out of that truck too.

8.1 there also. me thinks they like them.

I cringed when I saw it get beat up. Truck was killer when they finished it

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Sooo much money tho. Fred has a ton of sponsors which is cool I guess but fuck that thing has to have 100k in stuff throw at it over the years. Bad ass truck tho
But early episodes he wasn't working with much of a budget at all and they were all personal vehicles. I'm happy he's gotten money these days from sponsors.

With that said, those portals are not cheap neither are the maxxis tires he uses

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info